Wednesday 3 April 2013

THE WORK OF ELEANOR DAVIS

I chanced upon a new illustrator the other day, Eleanor Davis. She was born in 1983 and is originally from Tucson, Arizona. She is mainly self published, and publishes a lot of her work in comics and zines through Little House Comics, a company set up by herself and her husband, Drew Weing, who is also a comic book illustrator. 

She Works predominately with gouache on paper but sometimes uses watercolours, or pen and ink. She has an incredible eye for colour and a fantastic sense of humour within her work, some of it is really bizarre and funny. The first thing I was of hers was the picture of the children breast feeding and between the children's posture and how uncomfortable the woman looks it really made me laugh. I hope you enjoy her work as much as I did.














I posted another illustration from this series a few months back but didn't know it was her work to credit her.







Don't you think she is incredible? Here is a link to her site, doing-fine.com

No comments: