Tuesday 11 November 2014

KURLY HYPA - FADING EP

Hey, a couple of days ago I dropped some new music. For the last few months I've been working on an EP. I kind of wanted to take a break from writing the vapid, braggadocio rap that I always do and really try to write something a bit more introspective.

I used to write songs in a similar kind of format for a short while with Darryl and I miss those days so I tried to get back to that. Also, I've been listening to artists like Chance the Rapper, Drake, The Beatles and even Kanye and really admiring the way they will build a song and tackle a subject. Chance and The Beatles really inspired me lyrically, and quite a lot of this release is really sweet in that sense.

I've found I've had the best response to my music when it is wide open and really honest and I tried to keep that in mind whilst writing it. I found the whole process really challenging but hopefully I got there in the end and you lot will enjoy it.

Give it a spin and let me know what you think!


No comments: