Wednesday 8 March 2017

SOMETHING GOOD / SOMETHING SHIT 002

SOMETHING GOOD: THE SIMPSONS

So one of my New Years resolutions was to try and watch every episode of The Simpsons this year. That’s 607 over 28 series making it the longest running prime time animated series ever. You don’t need me to tell you how good The Simpsons is, but I will anyway. I was thinking about it whilst watching some of season 2 today just thinking about how it’s such an institution. I feel like I know the characters better than real people I know, they’ve been constants in my life for as long as I can remember. Another wonderful thing about the show is how it’s still fun to watch at any age. It’s been years since I’ve watched it with any great sense of regularity, and there are so many subtle jokes aimed at adults. Even a lot of the themes seem very adult now I’ve grown up. The first ever episode is about Homer struggling to scrape together the funds for his families Christmas. Man, it’s just so good. Jamie put it perfectly one time when he said to me he feels a strong sense of comfort through familiarity whenever he watches The Simpsons.


SOMETHING SHIT: GLITTER


I wish glitter died in 2016. I think water aside it might be the most invasive inanimate object on earth. Actually, fuck that, it’s way more invasive than water. You can just dry water and it’s gone. Glitter will stick around. You don’t even know you’ve come into direct contact with it and you’ll be picking it off yourself 3 days later. I felt like it had a massive year, fucking EVERYTHING is glittered now. Girls have selfishly took to putting glitter in their hair. That’s mad to me, why ever would you want to do that? I have one little fleck on me and I struggle to get it off, how do you go about completely getting it out go your hair? Mad stuff that glitter.

No comments: