Friday 11 December 2015

WASTEMAN OF THE WEEK: 034


WASTEMAN OF THE WEEK - RITA ORA

Ahhhh Rita Ora. Rita is someone who has always tip toe'd around the edges of being really annoying. She has that broad, loud London accent. I've come to realise there aren't a lot of accents I find attractive on young women, but the loud, trying-to-be-common-but-still-a-southerner London accent is the one I hate the most. Those girls who shout on the tubes and love Snapchat, Rita Ora has that same voice. It goes straight fucking through me.

She's not even really that annoying. Aside from bodying baaaare guys behind Calvis Harris's back she has never really done anything to catch my attention other than having that accent. Sadly she is now involved with the car that X Factor has become. Also, this genius video got brought to my attention when I was reading some article by Sian Anderson the other day.

In keeping with my recent theme of how mainstream and popular Grime has become, Rita goes on to discuss how she likes Grime music and has been working with and supporting Grime artists. She then goes on to name and identify artists who are not Grime artists, do not identify with the Grime scene at all, and have not really got anything to do with Grime. Embarrassing, clearly just latching onto a buzzword for a desperate attempt to try and ride on the coattails of the scene and appeal to a new audience. It's backfired and now everyone thinks she is even more of a massive bellend than before.

POOR OLD REET

No comments: