Friday 29 May 2015

SLOPBECK / SCOTLAND

Yooooooo been away for a hot minute, had to go quickly check a couple links out in Scotland, don't dwell on that but the main thing is I'm back now. Let's get into it.

I don't know if I posted about this when I first made a batch but this is the lunch I've been eating recently most days. It's super cheap and healthy, and proper delicious.

I'm basically cooking brown rice and mixing that with a load of fried vegetables (peppers, peas, sweetcorn, red onions, green beans) and kidney beans then grilling some chicken breasts in a fajita seasoning. Then I'm like making individual portions, with the rice in a peri peri sauce, serving with a couple of roasted chilli peppers, a dollop of greek yogurt, a squirt of lemon juice and some salt and pepper. It's fucking unreal and I can't get bored of it.


Do you know about this international supermarket near the flyover? It's kind of sick you know. Have a look when you get a chance.


I released my new grime EP on Sunday. It's 9 brand new tracks I've been working on recently. I had a launch party at Beastwang at Sophbeck, it was pure good fun, I love that crowd. The EP is going down well, I played some of the tunes out and performed some of the tunes and it went off, I was well chuffed haha. Embedded below is the whole EP available to stream on Soundcloud.



Alright so do you ever have those moments where your head just fucking spiiiiiiins out? Basically the guy pictured on the left is 'Termz' a guy who Olly Gwop found on instagram. He posts videos of these mentally dull, slow paced, bad jokes and they're so bad, they're good. (I've embedded a few below.) He's a cult figure between me and some of my friends. I had no idea that he was local at all, I always thought at best he lived in London, so when Max came running to the DJ booth to tell me Termz from instagram was in Sophbeck I lost my fucking head. I felt a bit starstruck.


A video posted by Naeem Omarji (@termzzzzz1uk) on

A video posted by Naeem Omarji (@termzzzzz1uk) on
A video posted by Naeem Omarji (@termzzzzz1uk) on

Pretty much the coolest toaster I've ever seen. it had a 'quick look' button that made the toast rise up for a second then sink again. Futuristic.


Check out this weird creepy baby doll in some bed and breakfast in Scotland.


I was up in Scotland scattering my (Scottish) Dads ashes. I was kind of dreading it, you know as you so with these sorts of things, but it was really nice in the end. Me, my sisters and my mum went around to a load of places he grew up, spent time when he was younger and went on holidays with my mum. I've not been there except for a few days in Glasgow when I was 19 for like 20 years, so it was really nice to go back and have a nose about.


I wanted to buy this. Fantasies of the shop keeper drumming up conversation with me over how I climbed Ben Nevis. Just telling him I didn't but I want everyone to think I did hahaha. Is that funny in your head? Fuck me it's funny in mine.


We went to loads of places, pure road tripping. Did about 1,000 miles in the rental car in 4 days.



I love how mad for Irn Bru they are in Scotland. They have so much cool stuff we don't have in England like these Irn Bru ice creams. I used to adore Irn Bru when I was like 15/16. I'd drink so so much of it, like 5/6 cans a day. Me and Kyle Buswell just hammering it. Massive 39p 2 litre bottles getting put away.


Scotland was pretty sick, we went to some really scenic spots. The countryside is cool to visit but I can't imagine being one of those people who live in the middle of nowhere. I just don't get how they do it. The Leicestershire guys baffle me as it is, choosing to live somewhere where you can't get pizza delivered, you have to pay £20 for a taxi out of town and the only shops you have are a post office and a Chinese takeaway that both close pure early. Let alone the middle of the Scottish hills. Sod that, I need a Tesco Express within walking distance at all times.


I caught this fucking just slipping into first gear and pulling off. I banged on the window and he put it back in neutral and just looked at me blankly. He fucking knows what he was doing.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend.

No comments: