Friday 27 November 2015

WASTEMAN OF THE WEEK: 033


WASTEMAN OF THE WEEK - ANTO SHARP

I lose a lot of sleep thinking about these so called Vine stars. It's mad what people will find entertaining because it is put in front of them. The latest to grab my attention is this Anto Sharp guy. I couldn't find his name but Oz who I work with told me he did a thing with Scott Mills for Radio 1. Makes sense right? Searched him on YouTube and the first thing that turned up was a LadBible link. Seriously if you subscribe to this culture I hope you are truly unhappy to your core. I don't want this shit anywhere near my life but the masses of Radio 1 listening, LadBible reading cunts force it through the doors and into my world.

I think my problem with it is that a couple of these guys make a funny viral vine and then feel the need to create more content and it's all rushed and ill thought out. Comedy sketches with no punchline, and now with social media this stuff breaks through and mongols share it and I end up seeing it anyway. There is no quality control. I watched a video of him earlier in the week where he is walking around a super market and making sexual puns with food so shoppers over hear. Seriously? How old is this guy? Is that the sort of shit he finds funny?

Oz told me the other day that with one of his videos he is raising awareness for some charity for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Not donating proceeds from his disgustingly toxic ringtone, but just raising awareness. I guess that means mardy arses like me can't have a go at him because he's a good guy, right? Wrong. I hope he gets Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. I'd like his page then and watch his videos of him slowly deteriorating.

No comments: