Friday 24 July 2015

WASTEMAN OF THE WEEK: 016


WASTEMAN OF THE WEEK - RUBY ROSE 

This is something that I've been harbouring for a little while now. Specifically ever since Netflix launched the third series of Orange Is The New Black. The Buzzfeed generation lost their minds over the casting of Ruby Rose, the short haired tattoo'd model, and almost overnight her face was everywhere.

Now, it's like her hype has come and gone, and although my social media feeds are not cluttered with desperately basic, beggy girls talking about how she has turned them into a lesbian I still feel hollow inside. People still pay mind to the soldiers lost in the world wars, so I'm ok to cling onto this and feel something over it, right? Nobody gave a fuck about her when she was just another cover model of Maxim and FHM. She was anything. All of a sudden she gets a little quiffed haircut and the Beckys are losing their minds over her. A few tattoos and we are supposed to consider her a contender. I can't take it. I can't take what she brought out in people. I can't take what I saw from the general public when she was hot for 5 minutes.

Not only that, but she is a dickhead herself. She came out recently saying how she is androgynous, doesn't really class herself as either male or female. She was fine with being classed as a female a couple years ago when she was in a bikini on the covers of various lads mags wasn't she? Clever ploy at a time when it's so cool to appeal the Tumblr generation of cunts who are desperate to come over different as possible yet all appear exactly the same.

"Gender fluidity is not really feeling like you're at one end of the spectrum or the other. For the most part, I definitely don't identify as any gender. I'm not a guy; I don't really feel like a woman, but obviously I was born one. So, I'm somewhere in the middle, which – in my perfect imagination – is like having the best of both sexes."  

She then went on to spurt a load of shit about how she doesn't want to conform to societies norms and so on. How edgy. Do you know how boring that is? She cut her hair, got a few tattoos and now we are all supposed to soak up this androgynous bollocks? I'm not having it Ruby Rose. Not one bit of it.




No comments: