Friday 9 October 2015

WASTEMAN OF THE WEEK: 027


WASTEMAN OF THE WEEK - EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN ANYWAY AFFILIATED WITH STRICTLY COME DANCING


This is a very very serious war dub right now. This is not a joke. I cannot fucking stand this show. Near enough every time I go to see my mum she puts it on. like religiously. It's like we've had a conversation about it before and subconsciously when she is looking for a show to flick on she draws for it every time. AND THEN she'll proceed to just talk through it, leave the room during it and so on, so it's pretty much just me tweeting about how annoying I find this shit. She's not even watching it. I've seen far too much of it over the years and I've had enough.

I can't stand everything about it. How romanticised the whole thing is with the music and the big dresses. All of it is just so crud. The flamboyant nature in which the weird little panel of troll hold up their little number cards, and the pantomime viewers are meant to give a fuck about them. Bruce Forsyth and that dumb slut who got fucked around by Vernon Kay (I think maybe the first ever Wasteman of the Week) host it and spew out these awfully scripted puns that just fall completely flat and yet still, this is the shit on prime time TV. People still tune in week after week.

I was furious watching it the other day. All of the dancers just dancing. At like, a level that is pretty much what you'd expect for someone who has been training to dance all the time for a few weeks. Who gives a fuck? Then what? That's it? It's just more piss poor TV fed to the general public for no reason and it's never, ever, ever going to stop. I guess all we can do is pray that they tastefully shelf it when Bruce Forsyth dies.




No comments: